Manage to get hold of my XiaoMi 3 (WDCMA version) last week with the help of my colleague who went to China and purchase this directly for me. This is the first batch of WDCMA version that was released in China last week. Quite a number of friends have asked me what’s going on with this phone? After testing it for 1 week, i am writing this post to showcase some of the wonders of this phone. Its going to be one of the game changing phone if its going to be released on a global basis.
Let’s take a look at its hardware aspect first (i’m not a professional photographer so pardon me for these poorly taken photos)
Hardware that are packed into this phone is really shiok! NVIDIA Tegra 4 1.8Ghz Quad-Core, 2GB Ram. The screen is 5″ which is equivalent to Samsung S4. Screen is from LG, camera from Sony, exterior of case looks like a Nokia, CPU is using nVidia, Apple square shape usb connector port (but works with all existing mirco-usb connectors). Who else can make such a fully integrated phone without fearing of being sue by Apple or Samsung? Haha. For more detail specs of the hardware do visit their official website.
Beside the hardware and design aspect of this phone what really amaze me will be its MiUI = Mi User Interface. This MiUI running on Android but XiaoMi have managed to change this to something that really integrate lots of small functions that makes everything much user friendly. These small little functions might be appearing on some other brands of phone and some might not but they integrated the best out of the world into this UI and hardware. Some 10 keys functions from this MiUI that amaze me:
- Guest Mode – Allow you to turn it on instantly which allows you to pass your phone to your friend with all messaging and gallery contents disabled.
- Lock Screen Torch Light – On your lock screen simply hold on the Home button and your camera LED will turn on. Fast and quick shortcut function.
- Integrated Content for all Ringtones, Music, Theme, Clocks and Wallpaper. All via XiaoMi Store
- Glove Mode – A function that you can turn on when you are in cold countries when you are wearing gloves.
- Ability to control every single apps (including default XiaoMi App) which you can uninstall it if you don’t need it.
- Graphic Interface and Launcher. This is default in your phone and allows you to customize the whole phone base on your own preferences.
- Country Integration – It integrates to your own country upon setup. Your calendar will be automatically loaded with Singapore Holidays for this instance.
- Fraud Calls check – If an unknown number calls you, the phone will tally with its online database and if its known for fraud cases for this particular number it will alert you.
- Hide Gallery Album – Simply hold on the album and press Hide Album, it will be hidden.
- Music and Video – The music and video player will detect your listening preference and hint you with music that you might be interested and suggest it to you. And of course its a China phone, pirated music and videos are all available freely on its app.
Base on the news, XiaoMi will be reaching our shores by this year 2014. So let’s stay tune for it!